WARNING: SWITCH TO "DESKTOP VIEW" IF YOU'RE ON YOUR PHONE FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT

Friday, 4 October 2024

Suburban Grindhouse Magazine

 


People often ask me why I don't regularly publish a fanzine anymore (I did one titled STINK from 1981-1991, then random one-shot issues over the years since). There are many reasons why, but primarily it's just too costly to produce it the way it was done in the 80s, despite how cheap it looked. But seeing as there are many Amazon-produced zines out there now, I figured I'd give it a shot as it's pretty much free to produce an issue. And hence, the debut issue of SUBURBAN GRINDHOUSE MAGAZINE has arrived. It's basically a continuation of STINK fanzine, combined with my 2010-2018 online column SUBURBAN GRINDHOUSE MEMORIES (which were collected in a 2019 book published by Headpress. This magazine is not being published with that publisher).

In the debut digest-sized issue, I take a look at BLOOD FREAK (1972), an absolutely insane film that's perfect for annual Thanksgiving viewings, an overview of some great 70s euro-crime films, then THE TOUCHABLES are touched upon, plus loads of film, book, and zine reviews. Available now right here: SUBURBAN GRINDHOUSE MAGAZINE issue one

And by the time you're reading this, the second issue should be available, which features my extensive look at 70s occult films, a preview of my book dealing with the future of Midnight Movies, a rare NYC screening of Scandinavian drive in classic WITHOUT A STITCH, and a boatload of film, book, and zine reviews. Cover preview below:




No comments:

Post a Comment